Saturday, July 15, 2017

Hello | D-lish Scraps

Hi Everyone! I'm back here today with a new layout share for D-lish Scraps featuring the July Just Add paper Kit - Primrose Lane. I'm loving the colour combo within this kit and all the pretty bits included. Those resin flowers are super cute, and the Pink, Red and Aqua combo with hints of flowers = my new favourite. I thought I'd follow along with the sketch included on the Inspiration board too, so heres a closer look..

The photos I've shared in the layout are taken a little over 6 months apart, and help to document the story of Leila's ongoing love for Frozen. Her obsession has ramped up a little more this past week after we took a trip into the 'Big City' by train with some friends to see Disney On Ice. Not sure if she will ever 'Let it Go' lol 

I stuck as close to the sketch as possible and replaced one of the photo's with the journalling card from the kit. I created clusters using the embellishments in the kit, moved the title onto the Large Journal card, and created an extra cluster bottom left of the layout to continue the diagonal design. 

Here's a reminder of the current Inspiration Board, keep scrolling through to see more close ups of my creation




I cut into the satin leaves to create a fun feathered look, and glued them in under the clusters with a flair button, cherry blossom, resin flower and some added glitter enamel dots


In the main cluster I also added some twine from the packaging and the tassel from the kit.


I added a strip of the thin hearts washi tape along the bottom strip of paper, and machine stitched along for some added detail. The cluster above was pretty simple to create using the name tag from the packaging along with the date circle, label tag, puffy sequin heart and some more enamel dots.


Lastly the title made using the Hello wood veneer. I ended up leaving it whole with the letters glued inside the speech bubble and added a little sparkle with a Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen. I originally hand wrote the journalling on the card, but wasn't able to fit everything in that I wanted, so went with some typed words and glued them over the top.

Here's a closer look at the contents of the kit, there's still a few more in store if you want to snap one up.


Well, thats all from me today. I hope this has inspired you in some way to get creative with your JAP kits. Be sure to share your creations with us in the Scrap Suite, we love to see what you make!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x