Monday, September 25, 2017

Dull your Sparkle | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi Scrappy Friends! It's Michelle back here today with a new layout share featuring one of our sweet new Limited edition collections - One in a Million. The colours within this collection are so soft and very pretty, and worked so well with this hilarious photo of Leila from a few weeks back. 



This child of mine is completely crazy, all kinds of hilarious and so much fun! Her latest craze is running around the house with a set of her Dad's ear muffs on for no particular reason other than to make us laugh. So much laughter. 

To create a layout to best represent the photo and its subject, I went a little crazy myself with banners and flags and layers and stuff. Starting with strips of almost all the papers within the collection kit, thick, thin, long and short plus pieces from the Cut apart sheet. So many layers and probably too many details added, but it was a fun creation that came together in no time. 



Once I worked out the placement of all the banner pieces, I strung some twine across the tops added some loops and adhered with staples. I tucked in pieces of ephemera and added some sticky dots for dimension to corners of the banners. I even added some fussy cut butterflies and a flair button from the kit.



Ive used the 3x4 card "Don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle" as the title as it's exactly how I feel about this girl. I hope she's always as fun as she is today, and that no one ever makes her dull her 'sparkle'. Thats what makes her who she is.



I added in the heart to balance out the pink tones across the page and to add a different element other than a banner



Lastly some handwritten journalling and a mini cluster at the bottom of the layout and I called it done.



So many fun pieces within this collection. If you managed to score one before they sold out, please be sure to share what you make with us! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope this has given you some inspiration to get a little crazy with banners!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping
Michelle xx

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x