Monday, September 11, 2017

One of a Kind | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello Hello! I'm Back today to kickstart a new week of Inspiration for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring all things STICKERS. We're talking accessory stickers, chipboard stickers, alpha stickers and even washi tape stickers. I'd even consider the sweet enamel shapes as stickers - they are sticky lol

For my layout share today I've used the amazing new collection Bohemian Dream. If you're a follower of our Facebook page and Community group you would have seen the MOUNTAIN of boxes in a shipment that Zoe has just received. It has arrived! WOO HOO. It may take some time for it to load into the store, so for now you can drool all over the prettiness shared here ;)



This collection is absolutely Stunning, and has absolutely surpassed my obsession for the Make a Wish collection. I'm loving the bright pops of colour, mixed with soft water colours and darker prints. The sweet floral designs are perfectly pretty and those hearts.... so cute! I've chosen the photo of Leila purely for the colour of her shirt that ties in with the colours of the collection.

I've created a grid style layout using a selection of papers from the 6x6 paper pad. I cut 2x2inch squares and arranged them randomly before sewing around or through each individual square.



I backed my photo with another 6x6 pattern paper, the 6x6 version of the Abstract paper that I'd cut into 2 triangles for a different project but didn't use. I layered the photo into the corners of the paper and cropped the excess off. I also layered a cut apart piece behind and an accessory sticker before raising it up with some foam for dimension.



Now I'm not sure about everyone else, but I consider my Accessory sticker sheets an extension to my die cut ephemera packs. They're perfect for layering in clusters and adding a finishing tough to empty spaces, and sometimes even being used for Title work. So many sweet sentiments and those chipboard stickers give some great dimension to a page!

With all this in mind my next task was to create a large cluster with as many stickers as I could, without over doing it. I used the "One of a Kind" piece from the sticker sheet as my title for the layout, and raised it with some foam tape to make it stand out more. Tucked in under and around this are more accessory stickers, a large floral chipboard sticker, a couple of chipboard sticker hearts, enamel dots and some ephemera pieces.



Once I was comfortable with the main cluster, I worked on all the mini clusters using more Accessory stickers and enamel dots. I selected random squares to fill within a visual triangle to create an even flow of embellishments in an already busy background. I also added in a few ephemera pieces to compliment the added colours and stickers.



All of the little word stickers and strips are perfect for documenting a 'just because' layout of Leila, with each one singing out sweet little sentiments I want her to remember in years to come.



Thats all from me today. I hope this has given you some inspiration to go crazy with stickers! I know it has for me :)

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous page Michelle! Can't wait for Bohemian Dream to hit the Stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page Michelle!!!! Looove the new line and the grid design is perfect to show off this new Boho line :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x